Computer for $1,000 or under

WhiteFireDragon

lol yeah you'll have to buy speakers. the don't just fall out of the sky. i wish they though. any case will be ok as long as it has some fans. it's just a matter of preference

Travis2262

lol yeah you'll have to buy speakers. the don't just fall out of the sky. i wish they though. any case will be ok as long as it has some fans. it's just a matter of preference
lol well i know monitors have speakers so i didnt know exactly if i needed more but thanks for everything.

WhiteFireDragon

built in speakers aren't the best ones. they don't offer a full range of sound frequency, especially the bass. you should look at some logitech speakers. ones in the $50 range are good and easy on the wallet. if you want a premium one, logitech's z-5500 and z-5450 are the best money can buy in the $200-300 range. i have the z5450 and love it

Travis2262

built in speakers aren't the best ones. they don't offer a full range of sound frequency, especially the bass. you should look at some logitech speakers. ones in the $50 range are good and easy on the wallet. if you want a premium one, logitech's z-5500 and z-5450 are the best money can buy in the $200-300 range. i have the z5450 and love it
Ok thanks..ima get some logitech speakers

Travis2262

Only if you can i would get this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059&Tpk=DS3L

And this PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010

Im sure there are other, cheaper alteratives to the power supply. Im not sure, but someone else such as ceewi1 should chime in here.

Is there anything wrong with the one i got? I really dont want to go past $1,000 for everything and its already at $950

I dont need a network card or anything do I?

Last edited:

Iluvpenguins

No you don't need a network card, you've got onboard ethernet on your mobo. If you can get the P35-DS3L then get it, otherwise I guess your current motherboard is fine. And no real need for a $90 PSU, yours should do fine.

Travis2262

No you don't need a network card, you've got onboard ethernet on your mobo. If you can get the P35-DS3L then get it, otherwise I guess your current motherboard is fine. And no real need for a $90 PSU, yours should do fine.
I switched to the P35-DS3L. Thanks for your help....Just noticed i forgot ram so i got some 2GB Corsair.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I forgot about that. I have everything off newegg so i also got the ram but ill prolly just use the ram u showed me since its cheaper.

Cheaper does not mean anything. Look at the latencies. If one is lower than the other, it's faster. It might be worth the few extra bucks.

WhiteFireDragon

a 4-4-4-12 timing and 5-5-5-15 won't make a night and day difference for a regular workstation with light gaming. having the slightest decrease in timing doesn't really justify a 3x increase in price though. i always build comps only considering price vs performance ratio instead of maxing out on everything... but that's just me

addy999

if u want to buy your laptop in 1000$ you should go for Intel Core2Duo E6550 @ 3.01ghz
Gigabyte P31-DS3L
Patriot 2x1GB DDR2-800->Currently 860mhz
BFG GeForce 8800GTS(G80) 320MB
Cooler Master 550W w/32A on 12v rail
WD 80GB HD,WD 500GB HD

Travis2262

if u want to buy your laptop in 1000$ you should go for Intel Core2Duo E6550 @ 3.01ghz
Gigabyte P31-DS3L
Patriot 2x1GB DDR2-800->Currently 860mhz
BFG GeForce 8800GTS(G80) 320MB
Cooler Master 550W w/32A on 12v rail
WD 80GB HD,WD 500GB HD
?