Computer freezes unexpectly

alyoob

I have a recent problem and was wondering if anyone might help me fix it. My computer recently has been freezing and was wondering if anyone knows what programs or what other thing would cause my computer to freeze. A while back my computer was freezing as it was today and someone told me that if I had mcafee anti virus program running on my computer that, that might be the cause of all the freezing. Long story short I deleted mcafee and it fixed all my problems. My computer specifics are:

HP Pavilion a810n Desktop PC (AMD Athlon 64 3300+ Processor,2.40GHz with up to 1600MHz system busHP
512MB PC3300 DDR
SIS Mirage-2 Graphics uses 128MB shared memory

Diamondsleeper

I have a recent problem and was wondering if anyone might help me fix it. My computer recently has been freezing and was wondering if anyone knows what programs or what other thing would cause my computer to freeze. A while back my computer was freezing as it was today and someone told me that if I had mcafee anti virus program running on my computer that, that might be the cause of all the freezing. Long story short I deleted mcafee and it fixed all my problems. My computer specifics are:

HP Pavilion a810n Desktop PC (AMD Athlon 64 3300+ Processor,2.40GHz with up to 1600MHz system busHP
512MB PC3300 DDR
SIS Mirage-2 Graphics uses 128MB shared memory

Still need a little more info:
Do you run any spyware or cleaner programs on a regular basis? How long after you boot up does it take before it freezes. Several mins or right away? How long ago did you first notice this. When did it start? Did you install other applications or something? Does it happen when the computer is idle or when you are running games or apps? :confused:

Last edited:

alyoob

I run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, avg fre 8.0, spybot search and destroy, cclenaer, spyware blaster windows defender anything else. I run those programs regularly and I have installed and uninstalled to many programs to remember. The computer has been freeze anytime and any condition so there is no way to know how long after I boot the computer.