Computer Freezing!

Grand_Mufti

Hey, I just purchased a new motherboard, Abit NF7-S2, and now I am experiencing frequent computer freezes. They occur whether I am playing a game or surfing the web. I have downloaded all patches and updates for everything, and I have reseated heatsinks, and have even tested the system barebone. (HD, CD, CPU, 1 Stick of memory) I am using Windows XP Home Edition, which I just bought 2 days ago, and have downloaded all of the windows updates. I have reformatted 3 times, and I have also tested the memory using Memtest86. The memory passed all of the tests. I have also tested my Hard Drive using Western Digitals Hard Drive testing software and it passed all tests with flying colors. I have reseated every component in my system. I have defragged the Hard Drive and have run Scan Disk. All components are running at normal temps and receiving normal voltages from the PSU. Thanks.

Abit NF7-S2
Athlon XP 3000+
1 Gb Samsung PC2700
Radeon 9800 Pro
WDC 160 Gb HD
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
All components are running at normal temps and receiving normal voltages from the PSU.
And what are these normal temps and voltages? And what is the PSU?

Grand_Mufti

Here is a look at my temps and voltages at any given moment. Also a look at the rest of my system...

CPU_temps_2.JPG