Computer help

mantou

as i on my computer, it show "No Signal" from the monitor.. but i check the cable and it was plug in tight, so what happen to my comp?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
What's the make/model of the computer? What video card are you using? What monitor are you using? Any other info you think we could use? Unless you give us more details, the proble could be anything - a component inside the computer might've failed, preventing the computer from booting up, a bad cable or monitor... and the list goes on.

Have you tried the monitor on another computer, or another monitor on the computer?
Have you tried using other cables?
How did this start happening? One morning you just turned the comp on and nothing happened, or did this happen after a crash or something?
Have you installed any other components recently?

Oh and how good are you with computer hardware in general... can you identify different parts inside a computer and change them out/remove/install new ones without a problem, or are you a "noob"?

God

Yes, if you can get more information we can help figure out whats wronge.. Untill then we are barely a help to you.

ceewi1

VIP Member
To add to the list of questions, do you get the usual single beep when you first turn the computer on?

cohen

OK, for the Original Poster, to get your system information do the following

• Start
  • Run
  • Type dxdiag into "run"
  • This will bring up the system specs

mantou

hackapelite:i had use other monitor to plug-in to the cpu but still the same problem and the monitor cable cant be plug out from the monitor unless u mean the one from the cpu hehe.. it starts the day when i posted is thread when i'm doing my work, well i had not installed any component.. bside formatting n re-install the os other than that in can consider a "noob" hehe..

tomb08uk: i plug the video cable to the video card...

ceewi1: there's no beep sound..

cohen

OK, for the Original Poster, to get your system information do the following

• Start
  • Run
  • Type dxdiag into "run"
  • This will bring up the system specs

mantou - can you pls post your system specs, now you say you did a os reinstall..... hhhmm....

mantou

mantou - can you pls post your system specs, now you say you did a os reinstall..... hhhmm....

cohen; but the thing is i cant even see nothing from the monitor beside "No Signal"..

So could it also due to VGA card problem too?

Last edited:

ceewi1

VIP Member
Without the beep (and assuming that the system speaker is working correctly), it's not just that no signal is being provided to the monitor, the system is not booting at all.

My suspects, in order, would be RAM, Power Supply, Motherboard. I'd start by removing and reseating the RAM sticks. If you have two or more try each stick individually.

Resetting the jumper is a good starting point, your motherboard manual will indicate where it is located. Alternatively, you can pull the battery out and leave it out for a while to accomplish the same thing.

mantou

Without the beep (and assuming that the system speaker is working correctly), it's not just that no signal is being provided to the monitor, the system is not booting at all.

My suspects, in order, would be RAM, Power Supply, Motherboard. I'd start by removing and reseating the RAM sticks. If you have two or more try each stick individually.

Resetting the jumper is a good starting point, your motherboard manual will indicate where it is located. Alternatively, you can pull the battery out and leave it out for a while to accomplish the same thing.

Well i had test the RAM one at a time and change a new Power Supply so now still the same so if really cause by the motherboard what should i do? By the way my CMOS was clear so how should i reset it?

Last edited: