Computer Help

Atilla

New Member
Alright so I went to a computer shop and they have a HP DC5700 business class computer for sale thier and I was wondering if it is powerful enough to run Auto Desk programs like inventor and Revit, along with video games such as the Empire series and CS series. The guy working thier said i'd be fine but since I have limited knowledge on computers I wanted to ask first. If you think thier will be any problems could you recomend any upgrades for it?

heres the specs I have on it
intel duo core
3.0 Ghz P4 hyperthread
80GB SATA hard drive (seems kinda small?)
DVD/CDRW
2 gig DDR2
2 meg cache, 8USB 2.0
windows xp
 
Glad I asked. They wanted 325$ for it(tower only), over priced? Sorry for these stuiped questions but for the things I want to run could you point me in a derection of a computer that would run the programs?
 
right with that computer you should be able to play cs not sure about empire only problem i can see is the graphics card and due to the small form factor and the limited upgrade options, the board itself can bee upgraded to a core 2 but you only have free pci slots, note pci NOT pci express, so you would have to find a pci graphics card
i think this may help
http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBYQ8wIwAQ#ps-sellers
i doubt the cpu will be the problem you just need a better graphics card for the empire series (especially the newer ones)
 
by the way i would not advise buying a dell, you should be able to find decent used custom built systems on ebay that will outlast any dell build and dell usually use low quality parts
 
Last edited:
Back
Top