Computer Is Slow

Zabarl

I finally got windows xp on my computer. I have a 3700+ 939 San diego core with an Asus A8V deluxe. It has corsair xms dual channel 1 gig of ram and a ATI all in wonder 9600. I have two hardrives, one is 40 and the other is 120 at 7200 RPM. My computer is slow and when i run 2-3 program, my computer freezes up for some reason. My CPU is not overclocked and its temp is always around 37 C. I am on my p4 2.2 and it is like 3x faster than my other comp. Wat the F**** is goin on.....

Geoff

VIP Member
When you installed XP, did you reformat the hard drive then put it on? or did you just do an upgrade? If you reformated, then the only thing that i can think of is that something got messed up either in the BIOS or when it installed windows to your pc. Reset your BIOS to default, and if still is slow, try reinstalling windows.

PSU problem? O, i kno , look at the task manager and see if the cpu% is at 100 for no reason, somtimes drivers and other thing cause it to do that , and it will slow your system way down...:) hope u figure out whats wrong...

r53s

I finally got windows xp on my computer

Explain how did you install xp (Clean install/upgrade), and if your computer is slow from the very first moment that you got XP.