Computer just will not shutdown

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It had a corrupt vid card, bad mobo, and ill performing chip.
How exactly did you come up with this diagnosis?\

What you can do to help the problem for a little while, is go to start menu, click run, and type in msconfig, and in XP Home, under the startup tab, nothing needs to be checked. Unchekc em all even your virus scan that helped me for awhile, maybe it will help you.
If its a hardware problem like you said .. this tweak wont do anything.

with my Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 - when it loads up high performance games like URU - Ages beyond myst or The Sims 2 - the graphics and sound are rubbish and blurry with rainbow colours and duplicate images
1. Check latest drivers
2.GHFX5200 isnt exactly the card ideally married to Sims 2 :)

HEY I tallked to the guy,,,you have to right click your desktop-choose properties,,, on top choose "screen saver",, look in the botom it show be a button that you can press label "power" , a box will pop up, and choose on the top "usp" check it,if is not uncheck,,and unckeck it if its check,,get me?????,,this should solve the problem.try it and tell me how it went
Ask your 'friend' why the UPS would affected anything.

need to proff read stuff before I type huh..lol
You could just type properly the first time

Do you mean ups? If so, why would that make a diff?
he does and it doesnt make a difference

uhhh I actually speak that way, thats why I used commas, I cant help it.peace
No worries if you speak like that ... but mouth and fingers are too different things.

*REGARDLESS*
Enough of this off-topic banter, thats what General Chat is for :)

Bobo

banned
prodigio2k said:
i pause alot,= ,,,,,,,,...and bobo in spansih is dumbAZZ, stupid, Animal, in mexico i think it means sucker,,,,,anyways, im outs for twoday,peace.

OK, whatever

I'm used to being insulted,,,,,,,,ask Praetor, he would know

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm used to being insulted,,,,,,,,ask Praetor, he would know
LOL child ... if you act a certain way then you get treated a certain way so dont whine about it. Now if you have something to say, come out and say it.

Thanks all, What do i have to do on the UPS Power Options?
Absolutely nothing. What motherboard do you have?

scottyboy20033

Praetor said:
What motherboard do you have?

Board: First International Computer, Inc. AM39L PCB 0.x
Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 07/08/2003

^^^
I think this is the motherboard i have :)

Bobo

banned
Praetor said:
LOL child ... if you act a certain way then you get treated a certain way so dont whine about it. Now if you have something to say, come out and say it.

<pointless banter>Child? I'm a teen now, have been for 44 days :p But then again, you're old

Haha Like I said, I'm used to it. Sometimes I even like it, it is fun.<pointless banter> :D

Praetor said:
Absolutely nothing. What motherboard do you have?

That's what I couldn't figure out, what the UPS had to do with anything.

I have that stupid Salmon OEM

Last edited: