computer keeps making a hard spinning sound

bball4life

your ears are your best tool on this one. You could also unplug one drive at a time and boot up your comp and when it doesn't make the noise, whatever you have unplugged is your problem.

sam_tcc

bball4life said:
Why do you say that, doesn't matter if it is stopped momentarily just make sure its only for like a second or two.

What I mean is the CPU fan can be broke very easy. I have lot cases with broke fan. Plus, the rpm of cpu fan is veyr high, be careful with your finger if you try to stop.

Ku-sama

banned
sam_tcc said:
What I mean is the CPU fan can be broke very easy. I have lot cases with broke fan. Plus, the rpm of cpu fan is veyr high, be careful with your finger if you try to stop.
mine is at 225 RPM :rolleyes:

Ku-sama

banned
well, my processor is at 81F and i have a 120mm fan on it, controlling it with ITE Smart Guardian to keep noise down (im running my 4000+ rig without a case mind you)

gamerman4

well when does this sound happen? Sometimes during boot the fans max out RPM for a couple seconds and then go back to normal. Ya and stopping a fan with ur finger may not be the best idea. I nearly chopped off a peice of my finger because of my huge Panaflow 120mm fan, these things are actually bigger than most 120mm fans, there are about 5-6mm thicker if i recall and it was cranked to max hehe, i had a nice gash for about a week before it healed.

Ku-sama

banned
i know that SOME fans are dangerous, but not all... and i know the feeling, i broke my index finger on my 7000RPM 92mm fan.... i think i still hav the 'ol thing

bball4life

:confused: Ya I have gashed my fingers open a few times thanks to fans, but stopping it with your finger is fin, you just have to know how to do it, and if you finger is sliding of the middle then pull your finger out, you could probably stop it by pushing down on the middle with like an eraser instead of your finger, but then you might end up with little pieces of eraser all over your computer from the fan rubbing against it. Hmmm, what else could you do.