Computer keeps on reading

lulumara

Had some problem when I open it up this morning it was fine , I did log off and shutdown because I left for a while then when I open it up it keeps on reading the pointer becames hourly glass which doesn't end , when I clicked something like start it doesn't respond at all for more than 5 hrs I keep waiting to open up?? Does anyone happens to your computer , I do clean up and do Glary's Utilities for cleaning up registry . Any ideas or solution thanks .

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Glary's Utilities is new for me. Try booting to safe mode and running some scans. Besides what you have, CCleaner, Spybot S&D and AVG Free are some good programs to try.

Now if I had to guess, it sounds almost like a virus or failing hard drive. If you get to Safe Mode and the problem does not persist, it's probably a virus (or software problem in general)

If you're unsure how to enter Safe Mode, simply press the F8 key just before the windows loading screen appears.

DrkS1de0fTh3Moon

Glary's Utilities is new for me. Try booting to safe mode and running some scans. Besides what you have, CCleaner, Spybot S&D and AVG Free are some good programs to try.

Now if I had to guess, it sounds almost like a virus or failing hard drive. If you get to Safe Mode and the problem does not persist, it's probably a virus (or software problem in general)

If you're unsure how to enter Safe Mode, simply press the F8 key just before the windows loading screen appears.

Touche

lulumara

I had my COMODO internet security as my antivirus, Malwarebytes, CCleaner , I will do the safe mode will do what you said. And I heard the computer running though but I know it does that all the time only now that it reads for a long time and does not open right???

The_Other_One

VIP Member
OK, just stick with what you got if you'd like and try running the scans in Safe Mode. if there are problems it should pick them up.

Aaand... I'm not sure what you're asking at the end. Just keep an eye on the HD light. Once the computer has loaded Safe Mode, the HD light should basically remain off until you do something.

lulumara

I did what you told me but it doesn't work means I did scan with Malwarebytes, glary's utilities, CCleaner but I can't run my antivirus it doesn't update when updating it to the website because when I scan it it updates but doesn't work at all. I did restore point but same thing I can't even click anything. i'm still ongoing another restore point . But when I used the safe mode I can used the computer at all, but in normal can't work it out????

lulumara

Any more ideas ? Need some more solutions guy?? It did another restore point but no avail on computer to work.

IBEPCWIZ

I think your HD is on the way out or whatever program thats making it do that is on the start up. It should not be thinking that much at start up..... When your in safe mode does it still do it?

lulumara

I did a uninstalled and installed of COMODO antivirus as of now I can use it very slow means I have to wait some 5 seconds before I can use it I can go internet but kinda the slow, As of now I updating the COMODO antivirus. But still the HD is still spinning that I can heard it.