Computer keeps restarting(HELP!)

kelvarnsen

hi

this morning when i turned on my computer, it kept restarting over and over again. this happens just before the desktop appears; right after the win xp logo disappears. i`ve never had this problem before; last night everything was fine.

i have amd xp2600+
1024 mb ram
some geforce ti something 128 mb ram graphics card
and win xp pro

i`ve tried safe mode and last known working configuration; but nothing works.

i need some help; if i can't figure this out, i'll have to drop my computer off at the local repair shop. and that is quite expensive... :eek: :(

kelvarnsen

geranimo:// said:
uhm, could it be sasser?.....

don't think so; the computer restarts before the desktop pops up. just after the win xp logo disappears.

maybe overheating? i opened the cabinet, and it was a bit dusty in there. so i cleaned it; there's also this funny noise comming from the graphics card fan. hmmm...

ThePCmaN

actually.. it could be overheating.. cuz that happened to my PC b4.. if uve OCed ur PC or ur fans arent turned up.. u may have fried ur CPU, and ur Gfx Card may be in the process of bein fried.. hmm

i picKed a winna

I had a similar problem where the computer would randomly restart or randomly start up and it turned out that my power supply was overheating

ThePCmaN

see.. it could be overheating.. it could be CPU, PSU, GFx Card, or maybe he's just OCed to high and the motherboard couldnt keep up with it, and POOF!!! his mobo is failing, which causin other things to slowly fail ( his GFx Card, CPU, etc )..