Computer keeps restarting

MadMarine

Hello and thanks in advanced for Helping me out

Today, me and my father went to Frys and Bought a Mother board/Processor combo. Well we put it together, turned it on, Monitor would not show up, so We Flashed the bios, and it still didnt work, then I noticed We didnt secure the ram, so I secured it, and it loaded on the monitor and was loading fine, but before it got to the desktop a blue screen flashed up, (quick enough to where I couldnt read it) and restarted.

So I put the XP CD in and tried to repaired it, but it got stuck on "Starting Windows"

Out of ideas, now is their a paticular boot sequenced? does it have anything to do with the System time

MotherBoard is K7VTA3 with an athlon 2800+ processor

WeatherMan

Hello and thanks in advanced for Helping me out

Today, me and my father went to Frys and Bought a Mother board/Processor combo. Well we put it together, turned it on, Monitor would not show up, so We Flashed the bios, and it still didnt work, then I noticed We didnt secure the ram, so I secured it, and it loaded on the monitor and was loading fine, but before it got to the desktop a blue screen flashed up, (quick enough to where I couldnt read it) and restarted.

So I put the XP CD in and tried to repaired it, but it got stuck on "Starting Windows"

Out of ideas, now is their a paticular boot sequenced? does it have anything to do with the System time

MotherBoard is K7VTA3 with an athlon 2800+ processor

Are you trying to boot this system off of your old hard drive?