Computer keeps shutting down

ndowlat

I just built my computer, but everytime i click the turn on button, everything runs for 3-4 seconds then shuts down.

I dont have a CPU, or graphic installed yet!

I just wanted to test the lights and stuff, and the fans. Is this because of the lack of cpu and graphic card? Also no floppy disk either yet.

But the motherboard should still be running in a vegetable state, doing nothing!

I dont know, i need some help. thanks xoxide for the awsome case btw, and fast shipping.

note: i forgot to put the motherboard jumpers or w.e you call the long screws that make the mobo stand taller. So it didnt turn on becuase the bottom of the mobo was in contact with the case metal.

Im using..
XFX nForce 750i mobo
Sunbeam 580w powersupply
120mm case fan
80mm case fan

zombine210

so after you installed the standoffs, did the motherboard stay on?

also, you might want to test out the build outside the case. I use a cardboard box to install components to make sure everything works, before i throw it in the case.

RavenPerch

what the hell?.....how the hell are you supposed to test it with no cpu?....the system wont even turn on, and if i'm guessing right, youve probably fried your motherboard. if the motherboard was in contact with the casing and you powered it up, a component probably short circuited!..