Computer keeps telling me that I'm unplugging things from the rear audio jack

You have update the drivers, it is unlikely to bios but you could try resetting to defaults or browse any audio settings in your bios and adjust.

But at this point it does seem like hardware fault.

I can see how after 30 days you can not just return for the sake or not wanting it, but as the retail seller newegg should be obliged to handle any problems in the first year.

I am going on our laws in the u.k., check what your laws are or someone else from the states can perhaps confirm what your laws are.

I was told this over a Gigabyte support ticket:

Did you try isolating the OS by attempting to reload it then loading up just the audio driver first to test the results?

Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

I find that crazy that you cannot return it...worst thing to happen is you have to use the front jack instead ;)

Does Gigabyte do returns, or just repairs? I accidently bent two or three of the gold pins of the CPU socket when attempting to lock down the protective cover for it. (It didn't take much force at all to do so)

I mean if you haven`t already reported a fault to them, just send it back as faulty and if they ask you what the problem is just say it arrived with damaged pins.

If they believe you did it they will not replace it.

I mean if you haven`t already reported a fault to them, just send it back as faulty and if they ask you what the problem is just say it arrived with damaged pins.

If they believe you did it they will not replace it.

Can they at least repair it?

You will either get a new or refurbished board. Its up to them which one. You very rarely ever get back the same board.

Back