Computer monitor with sound..

Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question. If not please move this thread. Thanks.

I have a 24 inch Dell Ultra Sharp monitor with DVI, VGA and DP ports with 2 USB. I am planning to use that monitor as a TV since I don't want to go buy another 24 inch TV. I was going to use the DP to HDMI into a HDMI splitter for multiple HDMI devices.

Since the monitor doesn't have an HDMI port + sound, what is the best way to get sound out of it? Would plugging some USB speakers into the monitor output sounds from my devices? I'd like to know if that would work or if I need to buy extra components for it.

Any information is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You won't be able to get sound out of the monitor unless it has speakers attached to it. What is the exact model of monitor you have?

You won't be able to get sound out of the monitor unless it has speakers attached to it. What is the exact model of monitor you have?

I think it is a Dell U2415 or something like that. I asked around and there were no hope. I think I am going to sell the monitor and buy a HDMI tv. Thank you for your response

Get yourself a sound bar. I have this one on my work computer and for being a sound bar, it has remarkably good sound quality. It is powered from the monitor and has a sound cable you plug into the PC.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=318-2885

Thank you for your suggestion. but I wasn't referring it to my PC. I wanted to use the monitor as a TV and say use but the monitor is not HDMI and what other ways to output sound. Those sound bars are nice, i use to have one of those :)