Computer Moving At Snail Speed

sunshine79

New Member
I have a HP Pavilion a305w desktop...usingWindows XP. It is moving at snail speed. I have done a defragment, virus scan, removed all unused programs and assured that I have plenty of room on the hard drive...it is only half used. I think that the computer is just old. It does not matter if I am opening Word or Paint, it takes forever just to open. I can forget the internet. Do I need to update the memory boards or what to speed it up? Or should I just think about investing in a new computer?:confused:
 
Change the CPU to a pentium 4 and up the RAM to 1GB, ad you have yourself a decent computer for web browsing, office apps and source-based games (counterstrike for example)
 
Probably upgrade to 2 x 512MB RAM. It would allow you to do the basic stuff like stuffing internet.
It probably won't work for single stick of 1 GB
 
Thanks so much for the advice...I ordered 2 boards and my computer is faster than it has ever been. You have saved me a bundle. Thanks so very much.
 
Back
Top