Computer not network connection until i restarted the PC?

cysklement

Hi,

I need help with solving this issue. I have no idea what is the problem with this optiplex 990. When booted up, the computer shows no network connection. Then, I have to reboot the computer to restore the network connection. It happens every time when I have to turn on the computer after shutting down.

I have change the bios memory, reinstall the network driver but still no hope of fixing the problem.

:confused:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you installed the correct driver? According to dell's website, there is a possibility of 2 drivers for that hardware, Intel and Broadcom. It's either a bad driver, bad hardware or malware issue. What driver is currently installed, intel or broadcom?

Step 1. Uninstall the driver software via add/remove programs.
Step 2. Go into device manager right click on the ethernet adapter entry and click on properties, then click on the details tab, change the property to hardware ID and give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They look like this... ven_xxxx and dev_yyyy. Once I get those numbers I can verify what driver you need. Also what operating system are you running?