Computer not starting

elobire

I upgraded my CPU yesterday and everything worked fine until i tried to turn my computer on this morning and got no display on the monitor. The motherboard lights up and all of the fans spin but there's just no display.

I've tried pretty much everything in the sticky(checking connections,CMOS,GPU etc) and swapped back to my old cpu with no success.
Anyone have any ideas? Right now I'm pretty stumped

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you reset your cmos back to default settings? Can we get a list of your system parts? Motherboard, old processor, new processor?

elobire

Have you reset your cmos back to default settings? Can we get a list of your system parts? Motherboard, old processor, new processor?

Yep i reset the cmos back to default. I was using an old amd phenom II processor and upgraded to a FX 9370 , the motherboard is a Asus M5A78L-M
I think the problem could be that the FX processor has a much higher power consumption and after looking at the motherboards specs it doesn't seem to be supported.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, the 9370 isn't supported. You have most likely damaged the motherboard if the old processor won't make the pc bootup.