computer problem, cant figure out

kyleswitch

I bought a new case and psu. CM storm scout and antec 750w earthwatts. I put those together and all my old parts into it. Turned it on and it ran fine.

I plugged my speakers in and then the comp froze. I turned it off via psu. It turned on, turned off for a few seconds and then turned on again and sounded like it was running. Monitor was on but stayed black.

I re inserted the graphics card and changed video slots on it multiple times and it still didnt work..

Psu kept acting funny.

I put in my old psu and it started doing the same thing :confused: Sounded like comp was running but no video..

no idea what to do

kyleswitch

yep, all 6 for my board.

Im just curious why the computer froze right when I plugged my speakers in? They were turned on then I hooked them up to the motherboards audio in port

Kitsune

My brother had the same problem with a Gateway LX6810, turns out he had this coaxial (SP?) cable thing in the pci slot, once we took it out the computer ran fine, to me I would say your onboard audio is bad. Dont just take what I say and trash it tho, get some other opinions first. Lol. or maybe when they were turned on it some how had some static build up in the plug and maybe shorted out and fried something when you plugged it in? What ever it is doesn't sound good to me.

it could possibly be your video card that it fried and the mobo is still good. Do you know someone who has a spare GPU that you could test this theory out with?

Last edited: