Computer Problem need help :S

Randomiser

Heya,

been awhile since i'v used this website for help. But recently i'v been having a computer problem that is new to me.

Problem:

After awhile using my computer i mainly have 2 applications of game clients running, with my web browser open (firefox) watching tv shows/animes. When i attempt to run any program in admin mode my computer just freezes then screen goes black then baack to clear desktop view still frozen then it unfreezes when the run admin option is up. When i click yes or cancel it does the same thing, but it opens the program after. Also when i have any of the fullscreen applications open, if i try to alt-tab the same thing happens.

I have gamebooster i'v tried turning off services that i do not use( i dont touch the mircosoft ones). I have used CCleaner, but it doesn't help.

only solution i know of is to restart the computer but this has been happing abit to often.

specs:
cpu: I7 920
ram: 4gb
Graphics card: xfx ATI radeon HD 5850

Randomiser

Did you try updating your GPU Driver?

yup its auto steam updated, and i just checked its still up to date.

Really annoying because this is the first time i have encountered this problem, and tried searching on google and nothing related to my problem even shows.

But thanks for the advice to check onth e GPU driver. :)

Quickpaw

have you tried turning off UAC?

user accounts in control panel -> change user account control settings

change to off.

It sounds like your computer is freezing up when it tries to dim the display to show the UAC pop up, which seems to be a common issue with a lot of vista machines, especially if they arent updated.

Are you running vista or 7? Do you frequently update via windows update?

Randomiser

have you tried turning off UAC?

user accounts in control panel -> change user account control settings

change to off.

It sounds like your computer is freezing up when it tries to dim the display to show the UAC pop up, which seems to be a common issue with a lot of vista machines, especially if they arent updated.

Are you running vista or 7? Do you frequently update via windows update?

Windows 7, so if i turn off uac would anything happen to the programs i run in admin?
Ventrilo doesn't work well if its not in admin mode for me, but i'll giv eit a shot now :D

edit: Well least the admin options dont pop up but it still works when i launch any fullscreen application. really really odd. Will maintain my computer now

Last edited: