computer PROBLEM PLZ HELP!

20gig

ive got a old hp in the other room and its really stuffed ive tried the recovery disk and it wouldn't start up (the disk), theres some weird bios which i haven't seen before a bios named pheonix v1.01 and its not detecting the cd and it lists my system specifications and then says warning error. is there any place where i can get a new bios for my hp and that will boot my cd

thx 20gig

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You're not very clear in what your asking... Well, if it came with a restore CD, it obviously SHOULD boot from it so trying to update the bios would be a waste of time... I'd check the drive itself, or the disk. Make sure they are still good.

Lax

VIP Member
Nothing is wrong with the BIOS unless it somehow got corrupted which it doesn't sound like. Phoenix is a known BIOS brand and isn't "rare". If you're having trouble booting from CD or HDD then you should 1. Check the boot order in the BIOS, 2. Reset the BIOS via jumper and battery pull and 3. check to make sure (like Other_One said) that both drives are still working correctly. I.E. Slaving the HDD in another comp and slaving the CD drive in another comp and see if it will read a disc.