Computer Problems - Pink screen blue lines!

Gibson

Hi,

I'm having problems with a computer. When i turn my computer it shows all the harddrives in DOS and then it gets to the bit just before the XP splash screen(where it shows the loading bar below it) and then the computer displays a pink screen with about 5 blue lines and its making a nose from the internal PC speaker.

Please can anyone give me some advice. I don't think its the harddrive as i can still get to the data if i stick it in a caddie drive in another computer.

Hope you can help
Many thanks
Joe

Gibson

Hi,

I can't get into windows to scan it! Alos i don't think its memory based as i have tried different ram that i know that works

Thanks

andy faith

graphics card issue perhaps? do you have another one you can try? also, what happens if you boot to safe mode?

boostedpimp

Is your graphics card completely seated?
Does your graphics card have a fan on it? and if so is it seized or gunked up completely with dust? if you do and it is.. then maybe the card over heated and is now fried

Gibson

Hi,

I have tried 2 different graphics cards and that didn't solve the problem :(

Thanks alot for your help though

Many thanks
Joe

Bronson7

Hi,

I can't get into windows to scan it! Alos i don't think its memory based as i have tried different ram that i know that works

Thanks
Don't need to, but you'll have to dl it and create a floppy or cd on another pc. When you have that done, change the boot priority in your pc to floppy or cd. It'll boot to Memtest and start running.
Bronson7