Computer randomly turns on after being turned off

Respital

Seriously, I was in bed 30 seconds ago after having turned my computer off about 10 minutes before and twice now it's randomly turned on by itself. I have no idea what's causing this, it seems to happen randomly. Sometimes it also refuses to go into sleep mode. The weird thing is that it's turned off for a while before it randomly decides to turn back on. :/ Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Case: Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 750W G2
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
Processor: Intel i5-6600k - Stock clock
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x4GB DDR4 2400Mhz
Video Card: ASUS Strix Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5
SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB
HDD1: 1TB WD Black
HDD2: 2TB WD Red
HDD3: 5TB WD Black
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212EVO.

Shlouski

VIP Member
Have a look in the bios and see if you have any settings to do with powering on by lan, pci/pcie etc
If any of these are enabled try disabling them it they are not needed.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I just had this issue awhile back. Somehow the power management setting for my mouse in device manager got changed to allow device to wake computer. Uncheck it if its checked. May also be a different device setting.

Respital

Have a look in the bios and see if you have any settings to do with powering on by lan, pci/pcie etc
If any of these are enabled try disabling them it they are not needed.

Thanks, I found that "Wake by LAN" was enabled and disabled it.

I just had this issue awhile back. Somehow the power management setting for my mouse in device manager got changed to allow device to wake computer. Uncheck it if its checked. May also be a different device setting.

Also found this to be on for some reason and disabled it, thanks.

Hopefully that fixes whatever was causing it to turn on.