Computer restart

Impulse666

well generally speaking that'd probably be an issue. but like other said, it could mean almost anything. anything overclocked?

`PaWz

banned
My CPU is overclocked at 2.8GHz, but to keep it from restarting I had to underclock the RAM to under 650MHz. My powersupply is only 430w with 18A on the 12V rail. Maybe it's the PSU then?

SPhoenix

Maybe, its is your power supply because it looks like you need a little more juice than 430 w to run you system overclocked. But from restarts me and my friends have had during a stress test, power supply isn't usually the problem and we all mostly run 500w supplies. Why don't you try running a stress test and a temperature monitor at the same time and have the temp monitor save a log to see if your system overheated.

`PaWz

banned
Maybe, its is your power supply because it looks like you need a little more juice than 430 w to run you system overclocked. But from restarts me and my friends have had during a stress test, power supply isn't usually the problem and we all mostly run 500w supplies. Why don't you try running a stress test and a temperature monitor at the same time and have the temp monitor save a log to see if your system overheated.
CoreTemp shows temperatures up to 70C, but PC wizard shows only 55C at full load. I'm not sure which one is the correct one.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I would take a look at CMOS for the most accurate temps, they should be under PC Health or something similar, 50C is warm, 70C is hot. downclock until you get to the 40-50C range. But if you wanna stay with that get some AS5 thermal paste, a 40+ CFM HSF if overclocking, 30+ for regular. Case fans, water cooling, bay coolers. Dont raise anything higher, only lower, until you get the CMOS temps. Good luck