Computer restarts during boot up, need help!!!

Ryu Hitokiri

I recently got a new case for my computer and it does not want to start up. I power it on, and it goes to through to the Windows Logo with the loading screen, then restarts. I can't even boot into safe mode. It doesn't work with my parents hard drive either.

Last edited:

Jiffyman

If you have any spare hard drives that you don't need you can take the jumper off of it and it should work.

Ryu Hitokiri

Sorry, I edited the post. That was a different jumper, the Intrusion Hub (FWH). Should there be a jumper on that?

Last edited:

Jiffyman

I'm not quite sure on what that is, but it sounds like it detects viruses and spyware. Do you know what it does?

Ryu Hitokiri

It sounds like a hardware issue to me since my parents hard drive works perfectly with my parent's computer, but not on my computer, or my hard drive.

Ryu Hitokiri

Hopefully my new Zalman will fix that. I just cleaned the dust out of my old one so I don't know why that is not working.

Last edited:

JustinMcG67

generally if it's RAM though you won't even get so far to even boot up the OS. Could be that virus that's roaming around, got it on my other PC from MySpace I believe. Basically when you get into the OS it will just reboot, over and over again.

My advice...reformat.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I wouldnt really reformat if you have important files on that HDD...

We can prove the memory theory by getting Memtest86 from MS.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
^ Whats does a battery have to do with the problem? If the CMOS battery was dying then you would see alot of Cmos failure: Defaults Loaded