Computer restarts when playing Guildwars

iLL-Faded

I dont know whats the reason why its restarting, whenever im in the game for about 1 min my computer automatically restarts it self, why is that? i got 5 fans in my comp, plus a heat sink, my psu is 420 watts, 512ddr, 2.19 ghz, Radeon 9600XT 128, what is wrong? can someone help me out?

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
hmm, this is not an isolated problem. Loads of people have the exact same thing and no one has been able to figure out exactly what the cause is, but here are some likely culprit.
a) (obvious one) Cpu overheating - check your temps. If there two high maybe your heatsink is not sat right or thermal paste is not put on correctly.
b) RAM, try different combination, you never mentioned your motherboard model but i'll assume it has dual channel. Try putting the sticks in the other 2 channels, be sure the colours match.
c) Are you using onboard audio, if so try updating drivers, better still try turning off onboard sound and slapping in a cheap sound card. Some people got that to fix the problem. Maybe just turn off onbaord sound from bios and try and run the game (if it will let you without sound) and see it if works, if it does you know where the problem is.
d) Update your graphics card driver? if that doesn't work roll your driver back to an earlier version.

Basically there are a few option to try, personally i tend to blame cpu overheating - just because you have fans in you computer doesnt meant the temp under the heat sink isn't bloody high. Are you overclocking? maybe you could list your results from tyring these along with your mobo make and model?

Also look on google, there are hundreds on forums discussing this problem

iLL-Faded

apj101 said:
hmm, this is not an isolated problem. Loads of people have the exact same thing and no one has been able to figure out exactly what the cause is, but here are some likely culprit.
a) (obvious one) Cpu overheating - check your temps. If there two high maybe your heatsink is not sat right or thermal paste is not put on correctly.
b) RAM, try different combination, you never mentioned your motherboard model but i'll assume it has dual channel. Try putting the sticks in the other 2 channels, be sure the colours match.
c) Are you using onboard audio, if so try updating drivers, better still try turning off onboard sound and slapping in a cheap sound card. Some people got that to fix the problem. Maybe just turn off onbaord sound from bios and try and run the game (if it will let you without sound) and see it if works, if it does you know where the problem is.
d) Update your graphics card driver? if that doesn't work roll your driver back to an earlier version.

Basically there are a few option to try, personally i tend to blame cpu overheating - just because you have fans in you computer doesnt meant the temp under the heat sink isn't bloody high. Are you overclocking? maybe you could list your results from tyring these along with your mobo make and model?

Also look on google, there are hundreds on forums discussing this problem

i dont know how to check the cpu overheating, the cpu came with a stock heatsink/fan combo, as for ram i have only 1 512ddr kingston, and its not dual channel, as for the video card i dl the newest drivers available on the webt site, and psu is 420 but its a stock on as well... heres the error report i got

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : C4480004 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804EBF24 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb212.dir00\Mini050405-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb212.dir00\sysdata.xml

what dose that error mean?

iLL-Faded

my audio dosnt work, so i might go out and buy a cheap one, and as for ram, i have a dual thing but i only have 1 of those 2 sticks, and im on a tight budget...

Last edited:

iLL-Faded

i know but i cant seem to spot whats wrong, thast the error they gave me, and im not a comp tech or engineer or anything

Tha Killa

iLL-Faded said:
i know but i cant seem to spot whats wrong, thast the error they gave me, and im not a comp tech or engineer or anything

And you expect us to be? You could also try contacting the Guild Wars support.

iLL-Faded

Tha Killa said:
And you expect us to be? You could also try contacting the Guild Wars support.

yes thats why this forum is here, yes i did but they never replied back and it has been a week, i just ordered the heatsink/fan combo its the artic cooler there latest one and a cheap sound card, hopefully those will not cause the error no more

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
yes thats why this forum is here, yes I did but they never replied back and it has been a week
This forum is here to help yes but we dont live here.

Also if you'd like help, do try and make it easy for us to help ya ... consider replying to post #3 for starters. Also, whats the make of the motherboard? (and you can check your temps via programs like PCProbe, MBM5 etc)

maybe its because, my mobo is a stock one? its from my compaq... maybe thast the reason? do I need a new mobo?
Prolly an MSI derivative but what is it exactly? (use something like CPUz to find out, www.cpuid.com)

iLL-Faded

Praetor said:
This forum is here to help yes but we dont live here.

Also if you'd like help, do try and make it easy for us to help ya ... consider replying to post #3 for starters. Also, whats the make of the motherboard? (and you can check your temps via programs like PCProbe, MBM5 etc)

Prolly an MSI derivative but what is it exactly? (use something like CPUz to find out, www.cpuid.com)

ok ill do that, im a noob sorry, let me check my psu,

Model NO: KY-520ATX ATX12V

DC output current:|+3.3V| +5V | +12V | -5V | -12V | +5Vsb | Total output
10A/5A |26.0A|32.0A|13.0A |0.5A|0.8A| 2.0A|420W|

Last edited:

iLL-Faded

this is what i got from CPU-Z

Processor

Intel Pentium 4

tech .13 u

Voltage 1.504 v

Spec: intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.20 GHz

Clocks

Core spped: 2191.0 MHz

Multilier x 22.0

FSB 99.6 MHz

Bus Speed 398.4 MHz

Cache

L1 Data: 8 Kbytes

L1 Trace: 12 Kuops

Level 2: 512 KBytes

Last edited:

iLL-Faded

Motherboard

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: HP System Board HP/PN

Chipset SiS ID651 Rev: 2

Southbridge SiS ID8

Sensor IT 0

BIOS

Brand: Pheonix Tech, LTD

Version" Version 3.08

iLL-Faded

i dl the mbm and it reads..Case 32 C, CPU -55 C, Sensor 3 0 C

Case 87 F, CPU -67 F, Sensor 3 32 F

Last edited:

iLL-Faded

ok computer just restarted and i wasnt even in a game, i was on this forum, heres the error message

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 80576E83 BCP3 : ED01E910
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcdc2.dir00\Mini050505-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcdc2.dir00\sysdata.xml

iLL-Faded

Praetor said:
Those errors do happen from time to time due to software issues

time to time? it keeps happending when i play guild wars, and thats like only 1 min into the game my comp restarted atleast 10x today...

Lax

VIP Member
Have you tried formatting it if you are getting tired of them?

P.s. if this was already suggested and tried/failed/ignored then just ignore reply.