Computer running slow

Scott K

New Member
Hi all,

I have a 5 yr old Dell dimension 2400 with 256 RAM. It runs super slow, will barely run any big programs and I frequently get a "out of virtual memory" message.

Do you think adding more memory will solve things for me or is it time to get a new computer? I don't want to spend money on memory and then find out it didn't make any difference.

All responses welcome.
 
Upgrading from 256 mb of memory you will definitely see an improvement. But seriously, I'd get a new computer since things are changing quick and requirements for newer programs are getting more demanding.
 
Don't go for ebay, they put crap parts in the computers and they charge a heap! Build you own.
 
you probably would see some difference, but a new computer would be better, check out newegg.com or tigerdirect.com if your in the U.S. ebay is horribly overpriced for for what they have
 
adding more memory would help, but since old dells like that usually have Pentium 4 processors, i would rather get a new comp. I had a dimension 3000 and got a new PC. Much better than any upgrade you could give a dimension.
 
Back
Top