Computer running slow

Bryce Pawlowski

Hi,

I came to this website seeking help. My computer is running slow and or the apps/games load up slow or dont respond. my specs are AMD FX-Series FX 8310 3.3 GHz(CPU) i have a 750 ti for a graphics a 760GMA-p34 (FX) for my motherboard 4gb of ram and windows 7 64 bit. Please help me figure out this situation. BTW my drivers are all up to date

beers

Staff member
What kind of RAM utilization do you see during periods of slowness? 4 GB is a bit low in modern times.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ran any malware programs to scan your system for crap? Ran Ccleaner lately?

Okedokey

What do you mean by cleared your hard drive? Format the whole thing and reinstall or randomly delete stuff?

emeraldsoft

Usually a computer runs slow when there are load of files or applications that can't be accommodated by your hard drive. It must be cleared also or you might need an additional RAM (Random Access Memory).

aldan

if you have been brought here due to a problem you cant figure out,maybe the best course of action would be to wait for advice from the knowledgeable people here to help before doing anything rash.

mistersprinkles

Ever dust the thing? Could be overheating?
Also that motherboard is a bit weak for that CPU. Those things consume more power than a flux capacitor.

Agent Smith

This is more than likely the hard drive if you don't have a bunch of crap in your computer. Test the HDD with HDTune. How old is the hard drive?