Computer shutting down randomly

elobire

I just replaced my motherboard on my PC after the computer shut down and wouldnt start and i diagnosed it as the problem. Now however the computer will run fine for around an hour and then shut down without any warning message.
The computer has a new Windows 7 install on it which was installed at the same time as the motherboard, not sure if thats the problem though.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and what i should check?
Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you able to restart the pc immediately after shutdown? Check the event viewer for any info regarding issue. What are you cpu temps?

elobire

Are you able to restart the pc immediately after shutdown? Check the event viewer for any info regarding issue. What are you cpu temps?

The pc does restart after a crash. the event viewer just shows that there was a crash but doesnt give any information and the CPU temps are normal.

Mez

I'm having the same exact problem as you, so I guess I'll stick around and help solve the problem as well and pass the information on to you.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What about the standoffs between the case and motherboard? Same motherboard or was it different? If different, its possible standoffs are in the wrong spot.

Twiki

^ agreed here. I'd start with the standoffs in troubleshooting meaning you'd have to start from scratch. Check that the modules are seated completely in their slots. You shouldn't be able to see the contacts.