Computer shutting down

ng1469

This is a first startup issue. When i start the computer up, everything is fine, until the bios tries to scan for an IDE device. The computer powers off and I cant even get into the bios. Im using a 600w Xion PS, all the power and IDE cables are connected. The fans are all running also and i checked to make sure that the heatsink was secure on the MB.

DanLatimer

if you cant get into BIOS than it isnt the IDE connections... what do you see on the monitor when you turn it on?

ng1469

Just the asus startup screen. I push DEL to startup to bios, but it needs to scan the IDE first before it goes into bios

Lax

VIP Member
Reset the BIOS (always a good place to start) and go from there. See if for some reason it gives the same problem. If so boot it without the HDD plugged in and see if it still hangs on detecting the PATA drives.

ng1469

OK i got it to boot up ( it was a heatsink problem), but i cannot get Windows installed now. This is the second MB that i have had this same problem with. I have an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe MB and after the setup loads all of the files and starts to load windows i get a x07b stopp error

georgi0u

currupt windows cd maybe? Bad Harddrive? Not enough room on hd for windows (used HD for something else? and just deleted windows). Idn, im gettin scared cause i just sent my p5ld2 back cause 2 bad dimms and while i was running it on the 2 good dimms i had trouble installing windows. It better work when it gets back...