Computer shutting off randomly

It started happening on Thursday night. My old PSU failed I guess and the computer would not turn on anymore and the LED light on the mobo was off. Bought a new PSU of same voltage 750w and installed it today. I cleaned the fans, cleaned inside of the case, reapplied thermal paste and after putting everything back I started having problems. During mid gaming the computer just shut off without any warning. At first I change my heatsink fan to an extra 140m case fan I had and after reading through some posts I found out the stock fan that the heatsink came with would be better because it ran faster than a case fan. I thought I fixed the issue as I did about 3 straight hours of gaming no problem and then it came back and now I do not know what to do anymore.

I had a Corsair CX750M psu. Now I have a EVGA SuperNova 750 B1.

I will include a dxdiag and I will provide anything else if needed. I am not sure how to read the event viewer as I don't see that it says anything of what happen.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.2 KB · Views: 0

Cameron Robbins

Hmmmm..... I had this exact problem for months, but in the end it was the PSU, so this is confusing. Does your PC instantly go black, or do you get a blue screen, or something?

Yeah everywhere I read says PSU but im pretty sure its not since its brand new out the box. And no nothing happens, it just instantly turns off. I reached a point in a game where I would go to one spot and going to that spot shut off the computer. I did it again to make sure and it did. I was watching some videos and the guy said make sure that the cpu fan is pluged into the cpu connector and I looked and I had a case fan plugged there instead. Not sure if it helped the computer read something that it wasnt reading before but I went back to that same spot in the game and computer was fine. Havent tested other games yet.

Cameron Robbins

That cpu fan is strange, that would definitely not be good for the system. Do you now have the cpu fan connected in right place? Download Core Temp, to view your cpu temps. There will be something called the tj max, or something, it will probably be 100 Celsius. The tj max is the max temperature the CPU can run at. Check you cpu temps when running a game, and if you see anywhere above 80 Celsius, it's probably a cpu heating issue.

Yeah once I heard what the guy said I checked to see where I had it connected and corrected it. He was helping a friend and was describing the exact same issue I was having. And yes I was seeing my temps going above 80+ when playing before. After changing the connections it stays at most at a steady 50 and below Celsius or lower now and this is playing Dishonered 2 on high settings. I think I just answered my own post lol but i'll still check in if something goes wrong.