Computer slow

Kinboy08

Here is my problem.... My computer runs smooth for like a week and then it becomes very slow and i cant do any thing on it. I have to shut it off for a couple hours and start over again. Does it have to do with my board/ hard drive or is something else? please help with my diagnosis. Also i think something is wrong with my sound card but not sure. After a day or so my sound becomes crackled and cant listen to music or anything its just really annoying.... any ideas?????

Thanks Mike

A Cheese Danish

Could be a number of issues. For sound, reinstall your sound drivers. As for the slowness, try and clear your CMOS and see if that does anything.

Bob692006

Here is my problem.... My computer runs smooth for like a week and then it becomes very slow and i cant do any thing on it. I have to shut it off for a couple hours and start over again. Does it have to do with my board/ hard drive or is something else? please help with my diagnosis. Also i think something is wrong with my sound card but not sure. After a day or so my sound becomes crackled and cant listen to music or anything its just really annoying.... any ideas?????

Thanks Mike

What are you system specs? If you've got an OEM, what brand and model is it?