computer sound like a freakin jet!

kof2000

is like a freakin engine in there. is it the 420watt psu? sounds like its coming from there. theres only 3 fans on the case, room for 4 more but afraid it'll increase the already annoying noise. it could of been the cpu fan as well since they're both pretty close together.

4W4K3

VIP Member
probably CPU fan...but seriouslt noise isnt a big deal. i've heard a single 80mm fan louder than all 9 of my case fans....and the guy was like "what its not that loud" i would just replace the fan or dampen it or something. i can hear mine from the hallway...but its just cuz i can hear the air moving and getting sucked in and out...its not som much the fans as it is the air whistling around it lol.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
computer sound like a freakin jet!
Lucky bastard. I wish mine was 30db louder.. too damn 'dainty' as it is.

really is like a freaking jet engine.
Jet Engine at 30feet = 80db
Serious fans = 50db
The jet engine is 1000x louder. :D

If the noise is a problem -- do soemthing about it, unless the fan failed (and typical failure results in dead fan rather than louder fan) then check to see if the fan is grinding something etc... poke around and have a look .. im assuming you've not done that yet considering you dont know WHAT fan is making the noise or even if it IS a fan :)

joelkyr

Try to disconnect the fan one by one to see which one is the culprit, if its still makin noise, well, try to get use to it, I got 10 fan, just imagine how much noise it makes:p......just a matter of getting used to it, good thing their makin noise, it assures you its workin. lol:)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I think you want to reach the pain level (125 dB)...
I hate sleep (and cant afford to sleep) ... anythign that helps me stay awake or to impede my ability to sleep is my friend. Including freezing cold, 2x500watt halogens and an uber loud setup :)

Horatio

You can easily find out which fan it is, by stoping them one by one. A noisy fan is usually a malfunctioning fan.