Computer Start Up Problem

Hi,

I turned my computer on earlier and there is just an orange light on my monitor, the stand by light and it just stays like that every time I turn on the computer.
Any ideas whats wrong? I need help ASAP.

Thanks

adz_619

Hi,

I turned my computer on earlier and there is just an orange light on my monitor, the stand by light and it just stays like that every time I turn on the computer.
Any ideas whats wrong? I need help ASAP.

Thanks

When you turn on your computer, does the PSU start and do you get the typical beeping and whirring?:confused:

DanDaMan

if the machine comes on and you get a POST beep in which a single one is fine if get more then one then it means something depending on the number of beeps. also if you dont get any beep then its not passing POST if you get the single beep and its the same then i advise restart and keep tapping the F5 key and select enable VGA mode as if the monitor has been set to a higer res or something in which can do it itself the monitor wont power on. also if you get no beeps then disconnet everything ATX reset the machine by holding down the power button for 20sec then press in and out 5 times make sure it feels ok and not a doggy connection then connect just the vga cable and the power and turn on see what happens if get some beeps its because mouse and keyboard are not in connect them and reboot see what happens let me know how you get on via a private message more then willing to help

Vortexx

My computer never beeps when i turn it on, I know that most do. The other thing is, usually when you turn on your computer, you get an error screen or at least the monitor recognises that there is a signal being sent from the video card and comes out of standby. So, the stupid question im going to ask is, did you make sure the cable was all the way on both the video card and the monitor, and did you try the monitor with another computer just to make sure it was working? Other than that, I would start at the video card, and make sure that was working. If everythign else seems to turn on fine, and all your fans start, and cd drive(s) open and such, try putting the video card in a different slot if you have one, and perhaps switch the cable from the power supply to the video card.

Hi,

I took the side of the computers

I turn it on, there is like a single 'click' after a 2 seconds of it being on, the fan is spinning on the inside on the cooling and on the Power Pack.
There is no lights on, on the keyboard but the laser is on, on the mouse.

On the front of the computer, the green power light is on but there is another bulb which doesnt have a colour on it, its jst like off.

I tried opening up the cd-rom and stuff and it all works fine, but jst the monitor stays on standby, I have tried adding a graphics card to see if it works, but no joy.

ANy ideas?