Computer starts but if rebooted cant start for an hour....

uniquenamehere

Ok, I'm having a problem with my computer. It is starting fine, but if I need to restart it or if I turn it off and come back to turn it on. It won't start for another hour or two. All the fans are whirring and all that. I had that problem for a bit then it just died altogether where it wouldnt start at all except for the fans so I replaced out the CPU. And now it is back to starting and when turned off needing to wait an hour or two to start her back up again just to get the video and other things to work. Its rather frustrating. Im wondering if it is possibly my graphics card going out on it or something.

sniperchang

Are your temps ok?

You could try replacing the graphics with another see if same thing happens. Then we'll know if it's the graphics card or not.

uniquenamehere

I downloaded Speedfan and I know the temps on the cpu and everything else was fine. But the temp for the GPU was reading hot with a lil flame on it. Since im not on the computer right now I couldnt get it but I think it was 60+ C. That is why I am guessing it is the GPU that has pretty much given out. Because I know Im not even getting the beep at start up.

sniperchang

I downloaded Speedfan and I know the temps on the cpu and everything else was fine. But the temp for the GPU was reading hot with a lil flame on it. Since im not on the computer right now I couldnt get it but I think it was 60+ C. That is why I am guessing it is the GPU that has pretty much given out. Because I know Im not even getting the beep at start up.

Actually, for a GPU that's ok. But it could still be going bad.