Computer Starts, Stops, Then Starts up again On Booting Up

Farrsolo

Hi, I have a desktop that used to run fine, then obviously I tweaked something(unknown) and now it does this funny start up procedure.

PC Specs:
Antec three hundred two case
i7 2600K
ASUS P8Z68
GTX 560Ti
16GB Corsair RAM
650W Corsair PS
240GB OCZ SSD
Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate
After pressing the power button, the computer will start, then it will stop, then a few seconds later it will continue booting up with no issues. I don't see any problems once I am in Windows,but does anybody know how to get rid of this?

This is a crappy video off my iPhone that was uploaded by JING, So I press power at the :05 second mark, the computer starts up, at the :18 second mark it stops, then at the :23 mark it restarts and continues.

I don't know if this is damaging anything or not?

Also is a 60 second boot up on a 240GB OCZ SSD normal? I thought I used to get to my desktop screen in like 20 seconds before?
Thanks!!

jamesd1981

I could not get the video to play, but no that length of startup on an ssd is not normal.

Do you have any yellow warning triangles in device manager ?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I suggest entering the BIOS and setting it to factory defaults. Then change whatever settings you need so the computer will boot properly (IE: SATA to AHCI mode, etc.).

Farrsolo

I reset the bios and there are no yellow disclaimer triangles in device manager...and the little stall
During boot up still occurs

jamesd1981

Can you try starting the system and going straight into the bios, this should help determine if the problem is hardware or within your windows installation.

Farrsolo

hmm, well i tweaked some setting again, not sure what I did exactly, after resetting the bios to default settings and restarting, the little start-stop issue still occurred.

But after going back into the bios and playing with the boot options, not changing anything, I now boot up to my desktop in less than 40 seconds (with password typed in) and no stop/start glitch. Where before with the little start-stop glitch, it was taking 1 minute to get to password login alone.

Thanks to all that helped!