Computer stuck in BSOD loop

blomgrenm

Hi,

My computer has been quite a mystery to me lately. Problems started during this summer when it would randomly, with a few days between, get a BSOD, restart and then work properly again. A few weeks ago it totally froze on me and after that I haven't gotten it to work again. It would start to load up Windows and get a BSOD, start Windows repair tool to get another BSOD and then start over.

After sending back the motherboard and CPU to the reseller, since I after contact with them figured was where the problem was, I then got back after they didn't find any problem with the components. This was after they said they were able to install reset BIOS, installing Windows and stresstesting the system for 16h without any problem.

I have since then started to replace components such as PSU, motherboard and memory just to get the same problem. With the new motherboard I can get to Windows login screen and then get the same reaction.

I have tried to boot from an installation USB to repair the system, taken out the hard drive and tried to install Windows on another drive and it would crash all the time. Some of the BSOD messages is UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP, MACHINE EXCEPT ERROR and there's been a couple of others as well.

I'm now at the end of what I could think be the problem, anyone have any idea where the problem might be?

/Martin

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
He already replace the ram. My guess is that the motherboard is grounding out against the case somewhere. Did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case?

_Kyle_

He already replace the ram. My guess is that the motherboard is grounding out against the case somewhere. Did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case?
Did not see the memory part the first time XD.