Computer Stupidities

patrickv

lol, funny, i like this one :

* Tech Support: "How can I help you?"
* Customer: "Well, everything is working fine, but there is one program that is not."
* Tech Support: "What program is it?"
* Customer: "It's called 'MSDOS Prompt'."
* Tech Support: "What's wrong with it?"
* Customer: "Well, I click on it, a black screen shows up with NOTHING but a sign that reads: 'C:\WINDOWS>', and it just sits there and doesn't do anything. I have to turn off the system to go back to Windows."

leSHok

ha i liked the one where the guy called ms dos like ms. dos (like a person) and then ms. backup

this site got me off task for 30 minutes!

salman

Hahaha this is my fav:

This sounds ridiculous, but it actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I work as a computer tech in a chain computer store.

* Customer: "Hi, I'd like to buy a virus."
* Me: "You really don't want a virus on your computer. What you need is anti-virus software."
* Customer: "No, my son told me I need a virus, and that's what I'd like."
* Me: "No worries. You don't need to buy a virus -- you can just connect to the internet and download one."

brian

VIP Member
omg rothfmbo. this is SO SAD. comon people

* Tech Support: "Type 'A' and press Enter."
* Customer: "Didn't work."
* Tech Support: "What did it do?"
* Customer: "Nothing."
* Tech Support: "Hmmm...I'll send you a new set of diskettes."

The problem happened again.

* Tech Support: "Hmmm...send me the diskettes back."

They ran perfectly on my machine. I had her print her config.sys and autoexec.bat files, etc. No problems. I called her back.

* Tech Support: "Type 'A' and press Enter."

In the background, faintly, I heard these "tickety-tickety" sounds.

* Tech Support: "What are you doing?"

It turned out she was typing, "Type A and press Enter." The error message at the bottom of the screen apparently didn't count as "doing anything."

The_Beast

Me: "I can't seem to get this download to complete. What might be causing it?"
Tech Support: "What operating system are you running?"
Me: "Windows NT."
Tech Support: "Well, you have to be running Windows 98 or better in order to download it."
Me: "Ummm, I am. I'm running Windows NT4, SP5."
Tech Support: "Are you on a PC or a MAC?"

Kabu

banned
My favorite:

Before moving into network support, I did PC support for a large multinational utility company. We had bases all over the country and personnel moves were frequent. There was an software model in use consisting of applications delivered to the desktop using Novell Application Launcher. A user's ability to run or even see applications depended on membership of Netware groups.

One user had moved sites and had his account moved to a different container. The next Monday, he logged a call to the help desk, saying that he couldn't see one of his applications any more. Obviously someone had just forgotten to add him to a group in his new location.

My colleague received the following email from a help desk employee:

Simon,
This user has moved from Motherwell to Wrexham and has lost his Landmaster icon. Could it have fallen out of his PC when it was being moved?

Geoff

VIP Member
I just want to say thanks again, it gave me something to do during my 4 hour class where I didnt have to be clicking on the loud mouse :)

b3rt_d4ni3l

this is a great site man... thank you
trying very hard not to laugh out loud in my office... lol

this one cracked me up real good:

Me: What's your ICQ number?
Girl: (stared) Why would you need icy cucumber?

lol... :D:D:D:D:D