Computer takes 10mins to boot

YourDirector

New Member
I have a desktop pc, running win 7. I have added NO new hardware or software in weeks. I turn my computer on yesterday and it takes around 10 mins to turn on. Not hanging at any particular area but hanging on every stage of loading, even once the desktop has loaded and everything seems loaded it takes a further 3 mins before you can even open a folder. Once its fully loaded it runs fine, but tried restarting etc and still takes ages. Any idea why?
 
Sounds to me like alot of bloatware loadaing up. (software that comes with the computer that you dont use or want that hogs system resources.)

Or maybe a failing hdd.
Or maybe something is wrong with your memory.

If you find out what type of hdd you have you can download the manufacturers software to run a test on it.
You can also run memtest86 to check your memory. http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
Then again you may have a bunch of malware/virus stuff on your machine. When was the last time you did a defrag? Sorry for the long post, but alot of things can cause your issue to happen. How about you give us some more info like system specs and the exact chain of events.
 
bloatware wouldn't cause the boot time to be that long, sounds like hard drive failure... You need to test you hard drive for errors
 
I just tried opening Adobe Premier and it took about 20mins then crashed. So i'm presuming it is memory or HDD. What would be the best way check which it is? Luckily i have my laptop that I can use for getting on here now.
 
try going on you hard drives website to see if there is a program for your specific hard drive to check for errors, you might have to create a boot image no a cd and boot your pc to the disk
 
Back
Top