Computer to Stereo system?

LittleHaiti

When I try to hook my computer up to my stereo, the sound comes out very low. What is causing this to happen?

Cupcakke

Is there an external device that controls volume? I have a volume knob that i can control through my speakers, seperate from computer. Took me awhile to figure that out when i first bought em.
??
Cupcakke.

CG man

Try installing a creative sound card I have a audigy 2 ZS pluged into my Arcam amp and really beasty speackers no problem with the sound. If your using iTunes try adjusting the volume for the music files their set too low so that Apple doesnt get done for damaging ears with iPods.

Check in control panel for your sound card and adjust the speaker type and volume too.

Try to increase the sound from any volume control on the stereo system connected to your computer. If it still doesn't works , try to change the settings in the control panel for the volume. Hope it helps you

Martix_agent

increase your "line out" volume also.
Even with everything turned up, I still have to set a stereo fairly "loud" get good sound.

jbrown456

thats basically what im using right now, except mine is one solid cable that goes from the computer to rca... its like 10 feet long