Computer to TV: edges of screen cut off

Hello,

I tried to plug my laptop to my LCD TV using a HDMI cable but I have a display problem on my TV. The edges of the screen are cut off on my TV. For example, I can't see the task bar or the menu bar of any window. From the search I did on internet, it seems to be caused by a behavior of LCD TV called "overscan". The usual fix to this problem is to set overscan to off on the TV. Unfortunately, my TV doesn't have this option. I tried to set my computer graphic card to the same resolution as my TV (1366x768) but this didn't help. Do you know any possible solution that I could try?

My computer:
Thinkpad E550
Display: 1920x1080
Intel HD Graphics 5500
ATI AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series

My TV:
Panasonic TC-L32X1 Viera series
Native resolution: 1366x768, 16:9
1080i, 720p

Thank's a lot

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Change your screen resolution? AMD catalyst software has the overscan setting but if you are using the Intel video not sure about their settings.

beers

Staff member
There's an overscan option in the Catalyst Control Panel that you can adjust for the video coming out of the PC.

Thank you for your answers.

I'm not using Catalyst. I have Crimson (link) which is the new Radeon software. You can see below the main window (Radeon settings window).

Sorry for the french language, I speak french.
First, what is strange, the "Display" tab is missing. You can see in the below image from a web site that there should be one:

When I click on "Réglages Radeon supplément..." (Additional Radeon settings), the following window opens:

The only settings that you can find there are "Préréglages" (Presets), "Gestion de bureau" (Desktop management), "Couleur de bureau" (Desktop color), "Consommation" (Power consumption).

So I can't find any overscan settings.

Last edited: