Computer Turning On Without Pressing Power

ElmoRapz

So I have recently encountered a weird issue. I am working on a desktop build for my uncle, specs after this paragraph. I plug in the computer and it'll instantly turn on after it's plugged in

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Carbon
Processor: Intel i7 6600K [4.2Ghz]
Cooler: Corsair H60
PSU: Corsair CX750M
RAM: Trident Z [2600Mhz] (2x16GB)
GPU: PNY GTX 1060 6GB
Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

When I plug the computer in the computer will turn on without even pressing power as I have previously stated, however when you press the power button to force turn off, it doesn't want to turn off. I have checked the connections for the case and they're placed correctly as stated in the Z270 manual. Another thing that happens, when you go to force turn off the LED blinks brightly four times and doesn't do anything.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time
-ElmoRapz

Delt4ninj4

As far as I'm concerned the whole turning on when plugged in to a wall is normal, it happens to me too. The force turning off thing not working sounds like either a button issue or a PSU issue. I would just triple check every connection. Good luck!

-Delt4ninj4

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Check the power settings in the BIOS. There should be settings for power-on when the system receives power/is plugged in. Same for how the power button functions to power it off.

Darren

Staff member
If it's still a conventional 2 pin header for the power button you could try shorting the pins and see what happens. If it works you know it's the physical button and if not you've got some settings funked up somewhere. Those higher end Z270 boards might even just have a power button on the board itself.