Computer Upgrade with budget $300

Sakura11

Hi

I want to have my old computer upgraded so that i can connect to a tv monitor and play media files. Im planning to have the following items to the new system:

-AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU: Desktop FSB333 SKT 754 64 Bit Retail w/fan $88.00
-Corsair CM2X512-5400C4 512MB XMS2-5400 240-pin DDRII (PC-5400)
$132.00
-Gigabyte K8VM800M Athlon™ 64 S754 K8M800 M-ATX AGP8X DDR400 2SATA RAID All in one $69.00

All adds up to $289.00

Im a newbie to computers. My questions are:

- does the above items work with eachother?
- once set up, would it be able to have windows xp installed and play media files such as avi movies around 700mb?

thanks!!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
1) You need DDR400 ram, not DDR2 ram
2) What graphics card do you have? You'll need one with S-video output in order to connect it to a TV.
3) How old is your old computer? Is the case still compatible?

Sakura11

thanks
I will get the ddr 400 memory as what you said.
The motherboard is all in one so i assume the video card is attached. The case is alright also. The current (old) computer i have can actually attach to a TV monitor and play media files, the only problem i have with it, is that it lags all the time. Therefore i want to give it an update so that it can play media files smoothly.

Any input would be appreciate. Cheers

TheChef

Sakura11

Hi Guys

I should state that im paying australian dollar for these parts, which is bit more than USD, plus things here in australia are much more expensive and we pay 10% GST on everything we buy.

Anyway, main reason for the upgrade is that i can use the computer to play media files eg avi and rmbv files.