Computer upgrades

Tobias jarvenby

Hey guys,

So I noticed/feel it is about time to upgrade my computer but since I don't know so much about it I am not sure what to upgrade. I mean, for example want... Buy a new video/graphic card and then realize my computer can't support it 'cause something else needs to be upgrade aswell!

Anyway, im posting my specs here and hopefully you guys can help me out! :)

Note: computer is about three y/o

Attachments

• CP SPECS.png
    CP SPECS.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 13

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you feel that your system now isn't working out for you? Are you able to play games at max settings? What exact power supply do you have?

Tobias jarvenby

Do you feel that your system now isn't working out for you? Are you able to play games at max settings? What exact power supply do you have?
I can no longer play games like watch dogs, battlfield 4 on max settings as I could when I bought my computer.

I also play tibia :)D) and I used to have quite good fps (500-600)... totally unecessary but still. It's now around 60

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on the latest video card drivers? How long has it been since you did a fresh install of windows?

Deadpool

You are saying it´s performing worse than before? Try scanning for viruses (follow the thread in this forum) or do a clean Windows install. That PC is still awesome.

Tobias jarvenby

My i tried to do a clean install but for some reason it did not work, I have no idea why. I thought aswell as you guys that it should be enough with a reinstalltion.

lincsman

It's a issue with the computer. That system spec is more than enough. Might be failing hardware. If you don't know how to test the hardware, take it into a shop. First though try rolling back to an older driver. I have a GTX 770 I used for a bit and one of the drivers I had ran games at 10-15 frames per second. Rolled back the driver and got 60 fps. You don't need to upgrade, just should troubleshoot. A computer should never perform worse than it did before. A 780 should max all new games. It's a very strong card.

beers

Staff member
I'm assuming Drive 4 is a SSD?

What happened when you attempted a clean install? Have you dusted out the 780 at any point? How about the CPU heatsink? Are there any load temperatures that you see for both of those components when idle or playing a game?

Tobias jarvenby

I managed to reinstall it via another program that I found when googling! I only have ssd discs :)

I will also clean it, wasquite some time ago! (dustwise)

Barney H.Leach

It would be better if you can provide some more details. Which video card drivers are you using? Have you updated it? Are you playing any games? The information you provide will help me give a suitable solution for your issue.