computer windows screen

arno

when my computer go's on windows screen when starting up it keeps loading all the time (is it my drive c: that doenst want to boot or is it my bios

tristan

try turning off the computer, taking out the power cord, and clearing CMOS (refer to manual if you arent sure) Was the computer working before or is this a new build? also post your systems specs if possible.

arno

its worked before and then it just stopped working :(

aptiva e series 243 from ibm
cpu :k6-2 3d now
motherboard :dont know the mother board but its very old
video card : sis 530
power supply : (ac bel )doesnt say the watts but its european sow 230v
ram:64
mhz: 450

i know very bad pc but im just a beginner of this stuff and im using this pc to learn the basics and other stuff im gonna buy new stuff and build my own pc

tristan

Get Memtest86 from google and run it at post, (follow its directions). To see if your memory is bad. Can you get into bios?

arno

nope it sticks now on the aptiva screen (its the screen before loading to windows ) maybe its the memory what do i do

arno

i think i fried it connecting on power cable to the other so i had 2 inputs for a fan and cennected to much i think my power supply isnt strong enough

(its cool when your computer works but if it doesnt you will just wanna break it

arno

its fixed my bios level cache was some how disable and my computer went reallllllllyyyyyyy slloowwwww ,i enabled it and its back to normal again