Computer with most Hard drive space

Status
Not open for further replies.

randruff

I have a solid 210 gigs...wooohooo! My next build will have a terabyte! Why you ask? A hint....DVD Decrypter is man's best friend!

Jon Boy

I have 500GB 2 X 250gb. Ohh im in the top few lol, and well I did not fill up my 80gig so I got some hard time downloading and using up my bandwidth :D .

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I have about 280gb and am currently using almost 200 of that... Not as much as some of you... wow... (p.s. I got a 200 gb drive about this time last year for $90, Seagate too! :))

ripken2004

40 in laptop and 8 in desktop until i save money up for my next build, prolly gunna get 250 or 500 in it

for game backups are u guys just using virtual drives to play the games?

rjkengr

i was talking about this the other day with a friend. most of the engineers and computer science students at my school probably don't fill up 80 gigs of harddrive space. i do however know one kid who has a terabyte, but he does a lot of video editting or something he said.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
A mate called John is stupidly rich and doesnt know what to spend money on. He has 1 terabyte in his PC and has two corporate file servers each with another terabyte, (IN HIS BEDROOM!!!!). I envy him, he has 3 terabytes, 3000Gb...... MY GOD

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

That's quite interesting seeing what you guys use. I do see that having so much can be of great use. It all depends on what you do with it. My only note agains having so much is DATA BACKUP. Seriously....how is anyone going to backup 100Gigs of data other than having another HDD?

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Very, true. Another HDD is the only answer unless you going to invest in expensive tape backups or offsite servers, which is not an option for most hiome users.

tweaker

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
i just really dont see the need for 600Gb on a home PC, thats just utterly stupid, it cant have been cheap so why do it.

dragon2309 said:
you lot with ya terabytes and 600Gb are just stupid.

Man posts like that pisses me off! :rolleyes:

You've got to realize that we all have different needs and use for space. Do you have any clue at all how much space RAW media editing etc requires? Not to mention the fact that people on fast connections easily fills up 600Gb in a week if into heavy FTP/P2P.

Now stop dissing people, your acting like a moron.

[/rant]

To the topic, I had space issues with 440GB, now I'm down to 160GB and what can I say, it suck..

The_Other_One

VIP Member
LOL, I've probably got the least here ;) About 70 usable gigs on my main system with an external 80G for my MP3s and such. Heck I'm barly using 12G now on my main RAID!

My laptop has a 60G in it, My older system has an 80G in it, and my server has a 10G and 40G I also have a 60G I'm not using right now... I have considered getting a large drive, but I really have no use for all that space...

kof2000

yeah there are people that can get by everyday with just a simple 80gb hdd, for some of us hardcore or more of a multi users and heavy downloaders we need those spaces.

aramp1

474 Gig here and only about 50 Gig is filled. I'll be adding more shortly. Why you ask? I'll answer with a question...why does a dog lick his balls?

tomb08uk

I have one 160gb one and was consider buying a 100gb one for backup and partioning it and using osme of the space for linux. Or is their a better way to backup data ?

i have a 80gig , but its filled up , only like 512mb left..lol pretty some im going to be gettin a sata PCI card and some new harddrives:)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i have a 80gig , but its filled up , only like 512mb left..lol pretty some im going to be gettin a sata PCI card and some new harddrives

Just remeber that you wont be able to utilise all the speed of SATA because it is going through the PCI bus, unless you've got a PCI-e mobo which would be slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.