Computer wont connect to monitor

ICMB

New Member
Everything is working video card is on and fan is working everything is on. wont connect to my monitor. videocard is using a VGA adaptor that i know works cause i tried it on a friends computer what could be wrong

its a new computer i just made :(..
 
Last edited:
Try your monitor on another computer. Best to rule that out before issues with the computer.
Have you tried any of the other ports on the card?
Does your motherboard have integrated graphics on top of the card? If so, plug it into the integrated and see if you can get a result that way.
 
Do you have another card that you can slide into your motherboard to check for issues in the motherboard. That seems to be the most likely issue since you stated that your card worked in another computer.

I would also verify that your graphics card is recieveing sufficient power from the PSU. If it is underpowered, it may not operate at all.
 
i said that the card has an adaptor from DVI to VGA and the adaptor works
ill try the other videocard slot to see if it makes a difference

videocard is new
 
oh, I am sorry. I thought that you meant that you were using the VGA port. I've heard people refer to them as adapters before.

Just a word of caution, Not everything thats new works.
Try the card in different slots, and in another computer if possible. If it works in another computer but not other slots on your board, its a motherboard problem. If it doesn't work in another computer, its a bad video card.
 
it could be a bad motherboard. Just because everything else works doesn't mean the board is good.

I would still suggest trying the card in a computer that you know functions, to confirm that the card isn't bad.
 
i will try later today on a friends computer if it fails I will get the motherboard changed cause it is quite new i dont see why it wouldnt be changed

ill see im having someone look at my computer also for an experts opinion
 
Back
Top