Computer Won't Shut Down...

Hi,

Recently, when I've tried to shut my computer it will look like it will shut down but then it just stays on my wallpaper. There's no shortcuts and I can't do anything, it's just my wallpaper that shows up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

r53s

If you're running millenium, no big deal...

but if you're running xp, you have a frog in your case...

Hopefully the options that I did worked. They mentioned getting the new patch though. I've heard a lot of problems with Service Pack 2 though so I don't know if I should get it, do you guys recommend it?

Thanks.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes I do recommend. If it does little good then uninstal it with little effert.

Your welcome.

Edit:

If however you do instal SP2 and decide to keep it then you might consider slipstreaming it onto your windows xp instal disk so that you dont have to instal it next time (it will have already been installed if slipstreamed on cd). The following link will guide you to instructions on how to do so. If you like you can make it a future project :).

Last edited:
Also, I don't know if this matters but whenever I try to shut it down I get the "Program Not Responding" thing and I get the choice to "End Now" or "Cancel". I don't know if this has anything to do with it though...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're running millenium, no big deal...
but if you're running xp, you have a frog in your case...
wth?

I've heard a lot of problems with Service Pack 2 though so I don't know if I should get it, do you guys recommend it?
For the average person, id prolly reccomend it.

Also, I don't know if this matters but whenever I try to shut it down I get the "Program Not Responding" thing and I get the choice to "End Now" or "Cancel". I don't know if this has anything to do with it though...
Doesnt matter too much. If you want to close the program, click "End now" (and i assume you want to close it so it make sense)