Computer won't start

rondon

Hi guys, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but here goes.

I've had an absolute nightmare over the last few days. I was having serious problems with the internet (I am currently using a Local Area Connection) an dthought that the internet was down. However, this was not the case. I therefore found that it was a problem with my computer.

I AVG'd my PC - nothing. Adwared it - nothing. Advance Care Pro - nothing. I then tried desperately to get onto ESNET and it found 7 trojans on my pc. It said it removed them, bt i restarted the computer and the internet was just as bad. Also, I couldn't start certain programmes, namely iTunes.

I decided that AVG was acting rather strangely (I couldn't shut it down at all), so I decided to uninstall and try and download something else. I uninstalled, restarted and then the computer wouldn't start (it just froze on the windows xp screen).

I restarted it and got onto safe mode with networking - and the internet (and itunes) works perfectly. The computer will not start in normal mode. I've backed all my important stuff up and am currently running trend micro.

I just wondered if you guys had any tips, and more importantly if you could shed any light on what the hell has happened to my PC. Are there trojans that infect AVG? Why would uninstalling it cause my computer to stop working? And how can I get it working normally (apart, obviously, from the dreaded reformatting?)

Cheers folks
CJ

FunnelWeb

what i would do is to download the free version of malwarebytes antimalware, load it on your pc, then let it update the signature files and also let it do a quick scan of your computer, once finished, show results, then click remove, and then you will have to reboot your computer, but while rebooting tap f8 key to go into safe mode, then do a full scan while in there. if it finds anything, click remove and then restart your computer.

get malware antimalwarebytes here
Code:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php