Computer won't start

Hey guys I have a custom built computer that I made myself and I wanted to add a hard drive to my desktop and I got the hard drive all done. But when I powered up I was getting a memory error which is an easy fix for me so I removed my cmos battery for a few minutes then I reinserted the battery plugged the power cord back in pressed the power button and nothing happened. I thought it was the power supply so I did the paperclip test the power supply works fine. Is it possible that removing the cmos battery caused my motherboard to fry? Here is the motherboard I have

H87M-pro4
I don't have a cmos jumper as the boos chip is non removable.

I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Disconnect the new hard drive and see what happens. You could have bumped something or had static electricity on you when working on it, could have fried something.

I actually did unplug the second hard drive however the computer still won't turn on? Is there possibly a way to fix the board if there was some static charge maybe like a reset of the code battery or something? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
Disconnect the new hard drive and see what happens. You could have bumped something or had static electricity on you when working on it, could have fried something.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you built the pc, did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case? Double check all power cables from power supply to make sure they are snug 24pin and 4/8 pin cpu plug.