Computer won't turn oN!!!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hey guys I'm very new to this forum, in fact I just joined today because I needed advices on a problem with my computer. THe problem is that my computer doesn't turn on anymore after I transfered it to a new case. The little green light on my motherboard is lit but nothing else is working. I triple checked all the power cables and its all right. I even had my cosin (who has the exact same comp as I do) take a picture of the inside of her computer and I matched all the power cables and stuff. Does anyone have any ideas what in the world is going one? Please help.

make sure everything is connected rite and make sure the videocard is in there good, theres not all that much than can be wrong if you just transfered it to a new case..

ReverseFluxx

You could have a short where a part of your motherboard is touching the metal of the case. Also, you could have your power button wires switched around on the front side connectors.

i have had a problem like that.. where the the computer is turned on but nothin shows up on the monitor , but thats when u overclock it and set the fsb too high, and the solution to that is to clear the cmos, you might wanna try that....

penguinrusty

ReverseFluxx said:
You could have a short where a part of your motherboard is touching the metal of the case. Also, you could have your power button wires switched around on the front side connectors.

Yes, I forgot about that. Make sure that you put in the little metal or plastic mobo spacers.

penguinrusty said:
Yes, I forgot about that. Make sure that you put in the little metal or plastic mobo spacers.

if you forgot to do that and you turn it on , its a 99.9999% chance the mobo is fried...:(

eclipso

re:

If you haven't fixed it now. Usually the problem is either your CPU or Motherboard. To test this, Unplug all your hard-drives, CD drives, Floppy. Keep the graphics card in if your computer has it as primary. Turn computer on. If it bootups or has a reading signal. Your PC is fine.

If it doesn't turn on. Check your CPU. Thermal paste , is the fan on tight ect. If all do not work. Consider buying a new PC or motherboard or CPU.

xsjado-reign

biggest thing would probably be those metal spacers , if thats not it check for ram as well , computer will not turn on without ram

IPXP

I had the same problem, the LED's were on and the pc was on but no output on the monitor, turned it is was 1 of my memory modules that wasn't working.

I bought new memory and it worked fine after.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Bunchofstuff said:
if you forgot to do that and you turn it on , its a 99.9999% chance the mobo is fried...:(

uh...that could be the problem, the first time I put it in i forgot to put the spacers. but if it's fried why's the little green light still on?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
kof2000 said:
since he moved it to a new case i have a feeling he needs to flip the switch on the psu.

what do you mean flip the switch on the psu? is it the on off switch on the back of the psu? cuz I turned that on already.

eclipso

Newer PC 's - Motherboards require a specific memory module. Read your Motherboard manual and search the specs of what type of memory is capatible . Fans don't mean squat if your trying to start the PC other than CPU fan. Even that doesn't need to be connected but is Highly recommended when starting your PC.

kof2000

liuliuboy said:
what do you mean flip the switch on the psu? is it the on off switch on the back of the psu? cuz I turned that on already.

how about flipping it one more time?

reciprokal

liuliuboy said:
uh...that could be the problem, the first time I put it in i forgot to put the spacers. but if it's fried why's the little green light still on?

that happened to me before with my A8N SLI, the green light was on too , but it turned out the mobo was partially fried.........i think your mobo's been fryed...
trust me i fried two of my a8n sli(s) because i didn't put the spacers.LOL
RMA your board, warranty would cover it.

bOOgi mAn

banned
Bunchofstuff said:
i have had a problem like that.. where the the computer is turned on but nothin shows up on the monitor , but thats when u overclock it and set the fsb too high, and the solution to that is to clear the cmos, you might wanna try that....

ya i had that same exact problem another problem is if ur RAM isnt inserted orrectly u get 6 second beeps then just open her up and check the RAM